In the gym with Boots No7 Men
Before heading into the delicious holiday next month, you should probably start considering trying to get into shape first. The city life can be rough and with always being on-the-go it is very difficult trying to make it to the gym as often as we want to. At times 1-2 weeks may go by without a single pull up. Trust me, I understand. However it is never too late to break a habit. Some help gurus will tell you, it will take 21 days to form a healthy habit. If this is true then you now have more than a month to do so.
Taking a few pages from the New Abs Diet by David Zinczenko, I partnered with Boots No7 Men to assist with some basic exercises as well as some gym grooming essentials you’ll need to get started before the turkey and stuffing is ready for Thanksgiving.
Bench press / Push ups
- Lie on your back on a flat bench with your feet on the floor. Grab the barbell with an overhand grip, your hands just beyond shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the bar off the uprights, and hold it at arm’s length over your chest. Slowly lower the bar to your chest. Pause, then push the bar back to the starting position
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip so that it rests comfortably on your upper back. Set your feet shoulder-width apart, and keep your knees slightly bent, back straight, and eyes focused straight ahead.
- Slowly lower your body as if you were sitting back into a chair, keeping your back in its natural alignment and your lower legs nearly perpendicular to the floor. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, pause, then return to the starting position. That’s one rep.
- Stand facing a lat pull-down machine. Reach up and grasp the bar with an overhand grip that’s 4 to 6 inches wider than your shoulders. Sit on the seat, letting the resistance of the bar extend your arms above your head.
- When you’re in position, pull the bar down until it touches your upper chest. Hold this position for a second, then return to the starting position.
- Sitting on an exercise bench, hold a barbell at shoulder height with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Press the weight straight overhead so that your arms are almost fully extended, hold for a count of one, then bring it down to the front of your shoulders. Repeat.
- While standing, grip a bar attached to a high pulley cable or lat machine with your hands about 6 inches apart.
- With your elbows tucked against your sides, bring the bar down until it is directly in front of you. With your forearms parallel to the floor (the starting position), push the bar down until your arms are extended straight down with the bar near your thighs. Don’t lock your elbows. Return to the starting position.
- Stand while holding a barbell in front of you, palms facing out, with your hands shoulder-width apart and your arms hanging in front of you.
- Curl the weight toward your shoulders, hold for a second, then return to the starting position.
- After working up a good sweat you’ll need to hit the showers. Make sure you pack in your Herschel duffle bag some essentials products. Boots No7 Men Energising Hair & Body Wash saves time and helps wash away the smell of throwing around iron in the gym from under your arms and hair before you get to the office.
- The sweat-running-down-your-face look may be attractive while in the gym, but not when meeting a client. Refresh your face without stripping away its natural moisture with Boots No7 Men Energising Face Wash. Your clients will thank you
- As you are building up your body to protect itself against whatever life throws at, it doesn’t mean you cannot do the same for your face. The renowned Boots No7 Men Protect & Perfect Intense Moisturiser offers an adequate amount of moisture and SPF protection.
Try it at home
Can’t make it the the gym? I understand, but hopefully you can at least fit 25 mins into your day for exercise. The fitness dvd Rezist offers a tough-as-nails 25 minutes of pure sweat. Consisting of various non stop exercises this dvd is designed to get you ripped under 30 days. I did give you a month right?