Max Twitty’s Top Picks from the GAP X GQ: BEST NEW MENSWEAR DESIGNERS COLLECTION 2013
You’ve seen the tweets, the selfies in the fitting rooms and the disappointed faces from the cleared out racks of some of those key pieces people wanted to splurge on this year. Trust me, I understand the frustration. Along with the rest of the loyalists, I stood in New York City’s fresh fall weather waiting to get my hands on some new pieces from the Best New Designers for Gap Collection to add to my closet for the fall.
After going through the collection, I decided to narrow down my greed to five key pieces that will carry me into next year.
- Gap x GQ Bespoken Suede Baseball Jacket – A cross between all-American look and a Baracuta cut, this suede jacket is sure to turn a few heads and make a few enemies jealous as well.
- Gap x GQ Baldwin Twill Cargo Pant – Although some may argue that the camo trend is ending, I think this color and the subtlety in the print could still be just as appropriate next year.
- Gap x GQ Ernest Alexander Waxed Duffel – With a price point of $118, it goes without saying why this bag made the list. In addition, it has a zip enclosed shoe compartment for those weekend getaways.
- Gap x GQ Baldwin Henley Fit Jeans – Denim is what Mr. Baldwin is famous for, and rightly so. He can make a hell of a pair of jeans. Well, as the saying goes: “When you known a person is a master at a certain craft, stick with the product that they are known for.”
- Gap x GQ Bespoken Shrunken Tweed Blazer – Because I have a particularly unique build, sport-jackets are usually a problem for me. But when it comes to this non-shoulder padded, cropped length blazer, I was good to go.
Whatever your top picks from this collection may be they are sure be staple and versatile transition pieces you can use for the appropriate seasons ahead. Shop the full collection here
[Images via: Gap.com]