What a Gent Can Learn From Harvey Specter
Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) is one of the best lawyers of Pearson Hardman, the fictional law firm on the USA Network’s show, Suits. As sartorially enjoyable as it is to watch Mr. Specter, we always leave each episode with a tip or two from him that we manage to apply to both our business and our lifestyle. With the stylish, lawyer-drama’s season 3 premiere right around the corner, we decided to supply you with a few survival tips* that may help you with everyday situations.
- Take control of and own your responsibilities. You choose your behavior, so you choose your consequences.
- Appearances are important. First impressions are everything and the way you present yourself to a prospective employer or client has everything to do with whether or not they will choose you.
- Master the art of reading people. It’s an important skill to have. People around you are always giving off signals and if you’re able to catch them and use them to your advantage, you will be extremely successful in business. Learn to predict what others are going to do before they actually do it.
- Keep your composure. Keeping your composure during difficult times allows others to have confidence in you.
- Study, learn and know your competition. You always have to be one-step ahead.
- Don’t waste time trying to explain the problem, fix it instead. When you come across a problem, people appreciate it more when you spend your time wisely trying to fix the problem rather than reporting the issue to someone else.
Season 3 of Suits premieres Tuesday, July 16 at 10 P.M. EST on USA Network.
*Pick up more life lesson tips at Quotivee.com.